Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Thankful Thought - November 8

Today I am thankful that we are able to remember and reflect on the past. Not only our personal histories, but the collective history of the Earth. We can learn so much from the past generations and I think that is something we often forget in this world of instant gratification, contstant communication with our peers and disconnected emotions from reality. Dave and I watched a fairly graphic documentary about the Holocaust over the weekend and it really made me so exceedingly grateful that we do not have to live through that, that we do not have to see that pain and suffering every single day. It really made me so eternally grateful for all that we have, for all the liberties and freedoms that we take for granted, for our families who may frustrate us at times, but will be there no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment