Friday, November 18, 2011

Thankful Thought - November 20

Today I am thankful for my family. I don't know if I've already posted this or not, mostly because I'm too lazy to look back right now, but even if I did, I feel like its ok to say that I'm grateful for them more than once.

The thing about families, immediate/extended/in-laws, is that you will fight, you will laugh, you will argue and you will love. Its true that you don't get to pick your family and it is also true that while you may love them, you don't always have to like them in that moment...but when you really need them, family will be there when you most need them. The arguments fade away in a time of need and love flows in.

I can't say that it is this way for anyone else, not even the family members I have near to me, but for me, that's how it is. I'm grateful that no matter what city we end up living in, we will be close to family...and I know that even if I'm irritated by certain members, if they need me, I'll be there.

Kind of disjointed, I know...but here is an example:

Someone pisses you off...they either said something or did something...or it is just how they are in general...and trust me, this happens a lot in our current setting. But then that person has some tragedy strike, such as a miscarriage or someone passes away or they are diagnosed with something terrible...and then you are there for them. You put aside the ickiness and are there, supporting them in ways only you can.

I'm thankful that I can do that. Not everyone can put aside their differences...and that's ok. But I'm thankful that I can, because that's who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment