Monday, November 14, 2011

Thankful Thought - November 15

Sorry for the post a day early, but my new boss is in town and I'm not sure if I'll have any time tomorrow, the 15th, to actually write this.

Today I am thankful for the internet. Such a silly thing that we often times take for granted. I'm amazed at how far technology has come since I was a kid. I still remember my elementary school librarian helping us compose one of the first emails to ever be sent across the country, to another school in, I believe, Virginia. It was such a huge deal, such a novel thing to be doing, that the memory of sitting criss-cross-apple-sauce on the library floor while she wrote on those huge pads of paper, has stuck with me for all of this time. To think that kids today will not know of a time before google or iPads is amazing. But I guess it was that way for generations before us. Even my mom remembers a time when they had outdoor plumbing...of course, that's one of her earliest memories and I believe she can still remember that because it was traumatizing =)

No comments:

Post a Comment