Monday, November 21, 2011

Thankful Thought - November 21

Today my thankful thought is kind of a double edged sword, but I'm going for it anyway. Today I am thankful that people are so interested in when Dave and I are going to have kids. I guess I am thankful because it means that they care and (possibly) think that we will be great parents. On the downside, I am so tired of having this coversation. It goes in waves and we get breaks from it, but it always comes back.

I get the same arguments about why we are stupid for waiting and the same, "well, its your life and not mine, but our friends waited for the same reasons and now can't conceive" discussion. Honestly, when we decide to have kids is up to us (for the most part) and while yes, waiting can mean that there are some fertility issues that we might have to deal with, I AM only 29. The other part of that is that the people who are unable to conceive probably would have had the same issues if they hadn't waited. Fertility issues run in that family, not mine, so again, I'm not worried about it...plus that other couple are in their 40s...so ummm...another age difference that I'm not worried about.

Again, I guess that I am thankful that people are just so flipping concerned about it, but it gets frustrating to have to hear the same things over and over again...and to feel that judgement from them as well. That hurts. Even though I know that the people who are saying these things are well meaning, their words and thoughts aren't really welcomed and they hurt my feelings. Yes, Dave and I are getting closer to being ready, but there are a few things that still need to fall into place before we move into that very different stage of life. I want a better job with better insurance to start...the other things, well, they would be "nice to haves"...but a new job that has less stress and better insurance, well, that is a "must have"...and people just don't get it.

Oh well...must try to see the positive in every situation...so bleh. Done with the venting, now on to more positive things!

No comments:

Post a Comment