Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thankful Thought - November 24

Today I am thankful to be alive. Sounds corny, I know, but I am so thankful that I can get up every morning and live. Sure, things might not be all that we want them to be right now, but we're working on that...and to even have the ability to change the current course of our lives is something that I marvel at. I think about those that have come before us, centuries before, who were unable to change their lives...but then those, who had the gumption to do something, to change things...those are my inspiration. My ancestors who left Norway to cross the Atlantic or those who blazed across the Oregon Trail...those people took their futures in their own hands, changed the course of their personal history...and I let them inspire me. I'm thankful that I'm alive...and that I'm alive in this day and age where we are allowed to control our destiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment