Friday, November 11, 2011

Thankful Thought - November 13

I am thankful for Dave. Not just today, but every single second of every single day. I haven't written about my thankfulness to have such a great partner in life before because it is sort of a given. We tell eachother almost daily how thankful we are to have one another in our lives. There isn't a single day that goes by where we don't make eachother laugh, where we don't dream about the future, where we don't support one another...

So cliche, but I married my best friend. He is my confidant, my sounding board, my moral compass...he helps give me perspective on things, he forces me to see the brighter side of things when I only see darkness, he does everything because we are a team. I'm sure that he would be able to go on for ages about what I am to him, but for me, it is pretty indescribable...and for that, I am eternally grateful.

Even though I had to take a gigantic leap to see if our relationship would work almost 8 years ago by moving half way across the country, I'm so happy that I did. Things have been wonderful, even if there was a period there where depression held me in its grips. Dave was there, supporting me, helping me through it all.

I wish that I could accurately portray my feelings for Dave, but honestly, there are no words...and I think that is true for most people when they find their true match. There are just no words that can accurately describe the love, the bond, the intangibles that you feel.

And with that, I'll leave you with a few quotes:

"If I could reach up and hold a star for every time you made me smile, I would have the whole night sky in the palm of my hand."
Author Unknown


"From every human being there rises a light that reaches straight to heaven. And when two souls that are destined to be together find each other, their streams of light flow together, and a single brighter light goes forth from their united being."
Author Unknown


"The most wonderful of all things in life is the discovery of another human being with whom one's relationship has a growing depth, beauty and joy as the years increase. This inner progressiveness of love between two human beings is a most marvelous thing; it cannot be found by looking for it or by passionately wishing for it. It is a sort of divine accident, and the most wonderful of all things in life."Sir Hugh Walpole

"Love means to commit oneself without guarantee, to give oneself completely in the hope that our love will produce love in the loved person. Love is an act of faith, and whoever is of little faith is also of little love."Erich Fromm

No comments:

Post a Comment