Friday, November 11, 2011

Thankful Thought - November 12

Today I am thankful that I have a place that I can call my Alma Mater. I am so grateful that I was able to attend college and receive my Bachelor's Degree. Being the first person in my immediate family to do so was quite a large accomplishment and I wouldn't have been able to do it without the scholarships I received or the hard work I put in when I was pursuing higher education. I know that people complain about being poor college students, but when they do, I sort of just shake my head and wonder what sort of life they really live. I took full, often times overloaded, course loads during my time in college, while I also worked at least one job, most of the time two, and for a while there, three jobs at a time. I was able to maintain a fairly high GPA and was asked by department heads to work with them.

Even though a Bachelor's Degree is something that most employers require these days, I can definitely see that I need to go for an even higher degree. Fairly soon, I suspect that I will be joining the throngs of academics to pursue a Master's Degree. I just have to figure out what that is.

But more importantly, I'm thankful that I can even say that. How many people in the world, minus our country, are able to say that?

So thank you to the organizations that helped put me through college, thank you to my bosses during that time, and thank you to my professors for helping me learn concepts that have shaped the way that I see the world and have left me wanting more information to cram into my brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment