Monday, June 11, 2012

High Tea Bridal Shower

Yesterday I threw our cousin's fiancee a High Tea Bridal Shower. With only two weeks notice and no budget, I think that it worked out well =)

Here are the results (remember that if you would like to see a larger image of any below, just click on it):


Table cloths from our local thrift store...one was even a lace curtain panel that was large enough to act as a nice table covering.



My Grandmother's China. Pattern: Ye Old Curiosity Shop



I asked guests to bring a picture from their own wedding to display as centerpieces. Unfortunately just about everyone forgot, but at least we had a few.



Menu:
Iced Tea
Various Hot Teas
Egg Salad Sandwiches
Various Cookies & Candies
And the Bride's Favorite: Cinnamon Gummy Bears



The Dessert Station



The Iced Tea Cupcakes
Side Note: I thought that they could have used a bit less of the instant iced tea mix, but everyone seemed to like them. Not such a big gamble for an untried recipe!



The Sandwich Station (during the guest rush)



The Beverage Station



Tea Cup Party Favors with four different varieties of teas as well as two tea mixes in addition to a lovely poem about tea and friendship. Tea cups were from the thrift  store and the tea was from our ample supply in the cupboards.

Side Note: I have been trying to find this quote for the last ten minutes online so you have the full version, but for the life of me, I can't find it anywhere!



We played a few games found on this site and had a toilet paper wedding dress competition.

All in all I think that everyone enjoyed their time in our backyard...the weather was perfect and the light breeze helped cool everyone off =)

2 comments:

  1. Amazing to know about your bridal shower party. I am looking for beautiful wedding venues for arranging my sister’s bridal shower party. Came across few amazing venues and planning to book nice one soon to have a lovely party.

    ReplyDelete