Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Skydiving -- The Anticipation Is Killing Me!!!

So we are going to be ringing in my 29th year by jumping out of a plane with some friends. I figure that we should probably get all of the crazy stuff out of the way before we start a family and this is right at the top of my list.

We are going to the Mile-Hi Skydiving Center in Longmont, CO which has been recommended to us by several people and has the best safety record in the state.

I'm nervous and excited...I'm not worried that I'll die or get hurt...I'm mostly worried that they will be weird about my weight, which is right on the cusp of what they deem acceptable. I'm sure that everything will work out and I'll get to jump out of a plane so I can live to tell the tale at karaoke later on Saturday night...but if they don't let me jump, I think that I'll be heartbroken. The only consoling fact is that they say "around" my weight...and that makes me think that I'll be ok.

Fingers crossed it all works out...even so, I've been watching what I eat for the past few weeks and working out like a madwoman making sure I'm in tip-top condition for my 29th year!

Dont' worry, we'll try to make sure we get some pictures of the training, jump and landing. I believe that Dave's dad is going to try to make it to the landing site to see us safely home...so hopefully he'll remember how to use our camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment