Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Young Girls and their weight struggles

This is nothing new.

A new study came out this week informing all of us that between the years 1999 and 2006 hospitalizations for eating disorders in CHILDREN younger than 12-years-old increased 119%

The video you can see here shows a young girl discussing how she feels about her body and the pressures she feels to be thinner, to lose weight...and she's only 6!!!

I remember what it was like to be that young and feeling inadequate because my body type didn't match the other girls around me. I was always bigger, heavier, beefier...yes, there is a lot of muscle mass on this frame that I felt should go away...even when I was only 6. So this report and video, while shocking to some, just confirms what I always felt...and shows me 22 years later that I wasn't alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment